Saturday, November 10, 2007

Good Days and Bad Days

So, Friday was a bad day. I got a measly 1.5k written. Actually, as I told my CleanPlace friends, it wasn't even that--more like 1.48k. Pretty bad. But there's good news--today I completely made it up by writing just over 3.5k and breaking 25k! I went into Honkerbean's this afternoon prepared to die in the battle between my right brain and left brain, but emerged victorious with a beautiful 2.5k, which I supplemented with another 1k this evening. W00t!

Today was, once again, a good day in terms of covering good story ground. Trey and Sheila operated together for the first time. Their dialogue came out beautifully. I'll probably have to do some work on character delineations--i.e., the different way that everyone has of speaking--during the revision process, but it's not too bad. I have found out a few things--Sheila's not as quiet as I thought she'd be, nor is Julie. I love it when my characters surprise me.

Sheila mentioned Trey's wife today. I wasn't expecting that to come up so soon, but no backstory was spilled. For the moment, at least, it works. It added a good bit of tension that tightened up their nearly disasterous conversation. Oh! And we met a Sicilian waiter today named Carlo. He's a nice guy. He has family in New York, in fact, and speaks broken americano. LOL

Well, I'd like to get to bed fairly early tonight, so I'm signing off. I have one last thing to say, however: I'm so glad I decided to write this story for NaNo this year. I went through two other story ideas before finally deciding to attempt this one, which has been floating around in my head for nearly two years. And I love it!

1 comment:

Mercy Burklin said...

Good for you, getting 3k in one day :) It sounds like you are having a lot of fun, and getting an amazing story written.
Don't you just love it when words you have been waiting so long to write just flow onto that word document and thrill your soul?

God bless :)