Monday, October 30, 2006

Character Sheets?

I haven't thought much about my NaNo since I signed up, but now that it starts in two days, I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to pull this thing off when I hardly know what I'm going to write about. I have a plot, but it's just a little, baby plot. It's not developed enough to write.

I thought about going ahead and just writing a historical fiction novel. I have a few ideas in that genre that would work, but when I really think about it, I wonder, What if I get stuck? I can't afford to get stuck and it makes me feel really bad when there are inaccuracies.

I also thought about fantasy. The problem is, I haven't written it for a while and don't think I'd be able to stick with it. I need to like what I'm writing--otherwise November is going to be just as miserable as it is crazy.

*goes off to think about plots*

1 comment:

MangyCat said...

Contemporary fiction is SO your gig for this, Eowyn! I'd encourage you to go for something you know and have done well. Historical fiction may be your fave, but during Nano, there's just no time for research. :oP